COVID- 19 - LATEST STATUS
Updated Sunday 24th May 2020:
We would like to address some key changes to our operations at Broxbourne Golf Complex to further enhance the safety of customers and staff on site, but still give an enjoyable experience for our customers. As you can appreciate this is a complicated situation for us to manage and we are fine-tuning our operations each day. You may have seen two other posts from this weekend, but to avoid confusion those posts will be deleted and so be clear this is the operations going forward. When government advice changes we will change with those guidelines.
>Please note we are fully booked today (24th May) and tomorrow (25th May) so unable to offer walk-in bookings, but we may have cancellations so please check in via phone.<
Tee Times and Bookings
- If you have a booking please do not arrive any earlier than 10 minutes before your tee time (please note there are no picnic tables to wait at as mentioned below)
- Bookings are only for members of the same household or one person outside of your household on a two person booking.
- There is a maximum of 5 people to Crazy Golf and FootGolf, and 4 people for a Par 3 booking.
- In the instance of back to back multiple bookings with friends or family, each group must leave at their dedicated time, 10 minutes apart. We cannot have groups congregating on site: as a reminder, this does not adhere to current Covid-19 government guidelines.
Food and Drink
- Our outdoor seating area is now closed. Therefore we have to point out that unfortunately food must be consumed off site. We will allow drinks to be taken out on the course as a refreshment. You may be aware that we are set within Wormley playing fields, so consuming food on these playing fields could be an alternative solution, if you bring a picnic blanket.
- If you wish to order food, you must order food before your golf activity, to avoid waiting around at the premises after your activity. This food then needs to be consumed off site. We have attached our menus to this post.
- Please can we ask that any food/drink items consumed on or off site are disposed of properly by our customers. Whilst we are keen to avoid litter, the safety of our staff (and general public) is paramount, and therefore we are keen that used food/drink items are disposed of appropriately to avoid others coming into contact with them. There are bins provided on site.
Function and Wedding Bookings
We are still open for discussion for those customers who wish to celebrate at our venue in the future. We are currently not accepting new bookings for our club house or marquee until September 2020 at the earliest, but deposits can be refunded if restrictions mean these bookings cannot go ahead. We are happy to provide socially distant tours of our venue/grounds or skype calls to discuss your requirements. Please email for party bookings and for wedding bookings.
-Please follow the various signs around the facility to help us (and you) follow social distancing rules and manage good standards of hygiene.
-Our club house remains closed but can be opened for toilet use.
-Please keep speed to a minimum when arriving our leaving our venue by car- as we have many families enjoying the playing fields.
Thank you for bearing with us. We really appreciate all the customer support, positive feedback and repeat bookings so far and look forward to welcoming you and your families soon!
The Broxbourne Golf Complex Team
[p.s we are still complying to the highlighted points below in green]
Updated Tuesday 19th May 2020:
RE-OPENING FRIDAY 15TH MAY!!
Given the government changes in lifting some lockdown restrictions, we are pleased to announce we will be re-opening our doors from Friday 15th May. This is great news and we look forward to serving our community again, providing the freedom of outdoor space and a chance to exercise with your household.
From Friday 15th May, our golf facilities (Golf, FootGolf and Crazy Golf) will be open for walk- in and online bookings. Wedding and party appointments can still be arranged, however functions are unable to take place until gathering restrictions are lifted.
Bookings will be available via our online booking platform, please check google for our most up to date opening times.
We are still really focused on our responsibilities to keep social distancing, so if you are looking to come down please ensure you read the below. Hope to see you all soon 🙂
A notice to our customers-
During this period of lockdown extension, the continuous safety of our customers and staff are of highest priority.
These are the measures we have put in place, please ensure you do your part too when visiting.
- All customers will be served from our external hut, with groups queuing at least 2m apart. Directional signs will be in place to tell people where to go.
- The clubhouse will be closed however we will allow access to the toilets on a one in one out basis. Just ask at the hut for access.
- To ensure distancing between groups we will have fixed start times. Please book online to ensure your tee time. If you turn up without booking then you may have to wait to start, however we will have a dedicated waiting area outside.
- We will be disinfecting our footballs, golfballs and clubs after each use (although you are welcome to also bring your own as a precaution), and there will be instructions on how our customers can pick up and drop off off hired items safely.
To maintain a safe environment we ask our customers to support and observe the following measures:
- If looking to play with anyone outside of your household, this limits you to maximum of two people per booking
- For same household it is a maximum group of 5 per booking for Crazy Golf & FootGolf, maximum of 4 per booking for Par 3 Golf.
- Where possible, please pay by card
- Give space for other customers and keep 6ft apart from anyone outside of your group.
- Please refrain from touching furnishings, flag poles or our crazy golf models unnecessarily.
We hope that these measures will ensure fun and safety for all, and we will adjust these measures along with government guidelines. We look forward to welcoming you all back soon!
Also a big thank you to those who have supported us so far, and we wish all our customers, suppliers and other local businesses health and good business in these turbulent times.